Nothing beats a mojito on a hot summer day! Fresh mint, fresh watermelon, and some rum will kick your afternoon into high (relaxing!) gear!
- 2 whole Large Handfuls Of Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 whole Handfuls Cubed Watermelon
- Lime Juice (1 Fl. Oz. Or 3/4 Shot For Each Drink)
- Light Rum (3 Fl. Oz. Or 2 Shots For Each Drink)
- Crushed Ice
- Club Soda
1. Place 8-10 torn mint leaves and water in a microwave safe dish (I like something like a Pyrex measuring cup). Heat in the microwave until boiling (2-3 minutes). Remove dish from the microwave and rapidly stir in the sugar until dissolved. Allow the syrup mix to cool completely before using.
2. Place watermelon in a blender and puree until liquefied. If you have texture issues, run this through a sieve to get the remaining fibers out!
3. To make a single drink: Place 8-10 fresh mint leaves in the bottom of a glass and pour 2 shot glass measures (3 fl oz) of watermelon juice over the mint leaves. Use a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon to crush the mint leaves and watermelon juice together. Add 3/4 of a shot glass measure of lime juice (1 oz.), 2 shots (3 fl. oz.) of light rum and 1 shot glass measure (1.5 oz.) of the cooled simple syrup. Place liquid with crushed ice in a cocktail shaker and give it a good shake. Pour into a glass and fill any extra room in your glass with club soda. Enjoy!