Mai Tais: the quintessential tropical cocktail made with fresh pineapple juice!
- 2 dashes Grenadine
- 3 ounces, fluid Fresh (Or Bottled) Pineapple Juice (See Note)
- 1 ounce, fluid Orange Juice
- 2 ounces, fluid Light Rum
- 1 ounce, fluid Grand Marnier (or Cointreau)
- ½ ounces, fluid Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ ounces, fluid Fresh Lime Juice
- 1-½ ounce, fluid Dark Rum
- Crushed Ice
Fill a large cocktail glass with crushed ice. Drizzle grenadine in the bottom of the glass.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add pineapple juice, orange juice, light rum, Grand Marnier, lemon juice, and lime juice. Vigorously shake for 10–15 seconds.
Hold a large spoon over the grenadine. The spoon should be inside the cocktail glass, against the edge, facing down. Very slowly pour the liquids from the shaker over the back of the spoon, allowing it to settle on top of the grenadine. Float the dark rum on top by following the same “spoon method” as described above. Garnish with fruit, straw, and paper umbrella.
Note: To “juice” or press your pineapples, cut the fruit into large chunks. Place them in a blender and puree until liquefied. Strain the liquids to remove any fibers.