This is a Paula Deen recipe that is just amazing. I love it! Especially if you have access to fresh ripe cherries like I do.
- 2 cups Fresh Or Frozen Cherries, Pitted.
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice (approx. 7-8 Lemons)
- 6 cups Club Soda, Add More To Taste.
1. Wash cherries (or thaw frozen ones) and use pitter to remove pit. Or you can halve them and use a spoon to pop out the pit.
2. Add cherries with sugar to a blender or food processor.
3. Juice 7-8 lemons and strain if needed to remove pulp and/or seeds. Add juice to blender.
4. Puree for 30-50 seconds on high.
5. Add mixture to a pitcher and slowly add one cup of club soda at a time, stirring continually to avoid building up too much foam.
6. Add ice to the pitcher or pour lemonade over ice or into chilled glasses. Add slices of lemon or halved cherries into a glass pitcher for show/garnish if you’d like!
7. Sit back with your favourite Nora Roberts’ novel and enjoy!