If you prefer to drink your strawberries, this martini is a great way to do it. This not-too-sweet strawberry martini is herbal, fresh and lip-smacking.
- ½ whole Lime, Cut In Three Wedges
- 5 whole Ripe Strawberries, Hulled (save One For Garnish)
- 5 slices Cucumber (quarter- To Half-inch Thick), Save One For Garnish
- 7 leaves Mint (Save One For Garnish)
- 1 cup Ice
- 2 ounces, fluid Hendricks Gin
- ½ ounces, fluid Simple Syrup (store Bought Or Homemade), To Taste
Using a nylon tipped muddler, muddle the wedges in the bottom of a cocktail shaker until they release their juices. Add cucumber, strawberries and mint and muddle again. The goal is to break up the mint into little pieces that will float in the finished cocktail.
Add ice, gin and simple syrup. Put the lid on and shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosted and condensed. Taste and adjust simple syrup as needed.
Strain cocktail into a chilled martini glass and garnish rim with a strawberry, a lime wheel, a cucumber wheel and a sprig of mint.