Hot, citrusy tea spiced with cinnamon and cloves. If your recipe for Russian Tea involves Tang or instant tea in any way, fling it far from your person and embrace this highly addictive beverage instead. It’s the real deal.
- 1 gallon Water
- 6 bags Black Tea
- 2 sticks Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Cloves
- 3 cups Orange Juice
- 48 ounces, fluid Pineapple Juice
- 1 whole Lemon
- 1 cup Sugar
1. Put water, tea bags, and cinnamon in a large, non-reactive pot. Put cloves in a tea ball and drop into the pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Once it starts boiling, turn heat down to medium-low. Let gently simmer for 15 -20 minutes.
3. Add orange juice and pineapple juice. Cut lemon in half; squeeze juice into pot, then drop lemon halves in, also. Add sugar and stir.
4. Turn heat to low and keep below a simmer. Let all the goodness blend together for at least an hour. Then start tasting.
5. I like a good balance of flavors. Some folks like it more fruity or less clove-y. Let it all steep until you get the balance you like—when an involuntary “mmm… ” escapes your lips, it’s ready. Then remove the tea bags, cinnamon, cloves and lemon. Then try to be nice and share with others. It’s hard, believe me.