Cheers to summer! This is the perfect refreshing summer cocktail.
- 1 pint Fresh Raspberries, Plus More For Garnish, Washed Well And Dried
- 12 whole Fresh Basil Leaves, Torn Roughly, Plus Sprigs For Garnish
- 1 whole Lemon, Washed Well And Sliced
- ¼ cups Simple Syrup, More If You Want It Sweeter (homemade Or Store Bought)
- 2 ounces, fluid Limoncello
- 4 ounces, fluid Citron Vodka
- 2 bottles Prosecco, Chilled, 750ml Bottles
Combine raspberries, basil, lemon slices and simple syrup in a sturdy pitcher and muddle (using the back of a wooden spoon or a muddler) until the raspberries are mashed. I started with my nice new pitcher from Italy but didn’t want to break the thin glass so I used a large, sturdy beer pitcher for the muddling part.
Add the Limoncello and vodka to the pitcher, mix to combine then put it into the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes. I let mine chill for a few hours. Taste at this point and if you want it sweeter, add a little more simple syrup.
To serve: Put crushed ice in tall glasses, add some of the raspberry mixture and fill the glass with Prosecco. Garnish with lemon, raspberries and basil. I forgot to do that part but it didn’t matter. This was the hit of the party!
If you run out of Prosecco (like I did) you can always use soda water. By that time your guests will be too happy to notice the difference.