A sweet and spicy summer cocktail inspired by the Spicy Watermelon Lemonade at Hundred Acres in NYC. This is terrific with or without vodka.
- 4 cups Seedless Watermelon
- 2 whole Limes, Cut In Half And Seeded
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 whole Jalapeno Chile, Stem And Seeds Removed, Then Sliced Into 1-2 Inch Pieces
- 1 ounce, fluid Vodka (or Less/more To Taste- Optional)
1. Using a food processor, blend the watermelon until smooth (you will end up with about 28 ounces). Juice the limes and add the juice with the pinch of sea salt to the watermelon. Blend again.
2. Drop in the sliced jalapeno and allow it to infuse the watermelon limeade for 30 minutes or so. The flavor will become more pronounced the longer you leave the jalapeno in…be careful when you are tasting the drink as you don’t want the raw jalapeno to make contact with your lips.
3. Use a slotted spoon to remove the jalapeno pieces and save them in the refrigerator to make another batch of the cocktail. Blend the juice again before serving, then pour into glasses over ice (you can strain the juice before serving, if you like, but I did not find it necessary).
4. Garnish with additional fresh lime and add vodka to taste, if desired.