A great cocktail to serve as an alternative to green beer or Guinness for St. Patrick’s Day. Irish hard cider mixes with Irish pear cider, sour apple schnapps, and ginger syrup for a zesty, sweet, and tangy cocktail.
- ⅔ cups Magners Pear Cider
- ⅓ cups Magners Original Cider
- 1-½ ounce, fluid Green Sour Apple Schnapps
- 4 teaspoons Ginger Simple Syrup, Plus A Little More For Rimming The Glass
- Green Sanding Sugar For Rimming The Glass
1. In a small pitcher or cocktail shaker, combine the pear cider, original cider, schnapps, and simple syrup. Stir until well-mixed.
2. Pour the green sanding sugar into a small flat plate. Dip the rim of a beer glass in the ginger syrup and then dip into green sanding sugar. Twist slightly to cover all the syrup. Pour cocktail into the decorated glass and serve immediately.
Note: You don’t have to use Magners but it is authentically Irish, for one, and cider levels of sweetness vary greatly between brands. If you choose to use another brand, make sure it is a very dry, crisp one. Woodchuck, for example, would not work well, as it is much sweeter, but Strongbow would be a fine replacement. Don’t use a cider that tastes too much like regular apple juice.