Kompot is a cold non-alcoholic drink made with fruit cooked in large quantities of water. You’d be surprised that after boiling plums in hot water for a short time, they reveal rich flavor and bright red color. I drink this instead of soda.
- 2 pounds Plums
- 9 cups Water (or 2 Liters Of Water)
- 12 Tablespoons Sugar
1. Remove pits from plums, slice plums into 6 slices each.
2. Bring water to boil, add plums when water is boiling, and boil plums for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, add sugar and mix well.
4. Let the water with plums sit for about 2 hours to cool off and get fully infused with the wonderful taste of plums.
5. Cool the drink in the refrigerator and consume when cold.