This creamy banana blueberry smoothie is high in protein and fiber. It’s made with only five ingredients and tastes icy and thick. The recipe yields enough for 2-4 servings and totals 48 ounces. I prefer to use Arbonne Protein Shake Mix which is a vegan plant-based protein. But I have tried this recipe with other vanilla protein mixes and it yields a flavorful smoothie.
- 1-½ cup Crushed Ice
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 1-½ cup Frozen Blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons Protein Powder
- 1-½ cup Unsweetened Unflavored Almond Milk
Place ingredients in the blender in the following order: ice, frozen banana, frozen blueberries, protein powder, and almond milk. Blend all ingredients in a blender on high, until creamy and smooth, about 1 minute.
1. I prefer to use crushed ice and a frozen banana which yields a colder smoothie.
2. I peel and slice the banana before freezing, and I freeze the bananas at least 24 hours ahead of time. Slicing the banana helps to ensure the smoothie blends easily.