Cinnamon and Cranberry Bourbon Spritzers: loaded with spice and cranberry freshness. The perfect drink to serve as you bring in the New Year!
- FOR THE SPRITZERS:
- 6 ounces, fluid Bourbon
- 3 ounces, fluid Ginger Ale
- 3 ounces, fluid Ginger Ale With Cranberry
- 1 dash Cranberry Juice, As Desired
- 1 dash Orange Juice, As Desired
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon Simple Syrup (recipe Below)
- Ice, To Fill Cocktail Shaker And For Serving, If Desired
- Cranberries For Garnish
- FOR THE CINNAMON SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 2 cups Water
- 6 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
For the cocktails: In a large cocktail shaker, add a handful of ice, along with the bourbon, ginger ale, ginger ale with cranberry, splash of cranberry juice, splash of orange juice and cinnamon simple syrup. Put the lid on, give it a good shake, and pour into glasses with or without ice. Garnish with fresh cranberries.
For the simple syrup: Combine the water and cinnamon sticks in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and let it boil for 10-15 minutes before adding the sugar. Add the sugar, and cook until the sugar has dissolved. Pour into an airtight container and seal. The simple syrup will keep for at least a week or two.