A spicy and smoky take on the classic, perfectly complemented by the chipotle shrimp.
From Heather Christo.
- ¼ cups Canned Chipotle Peppers, With The Adobo Sauce (depending On How Smoky And Spicy You Like It)
- 46 ounces, fluid Chilled Vegetable Juice, Divided
- ½ cups Prepared Horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Celery Seeds
- 4 dashes (generous) Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup Chilled Vodka
- Ice, As Needed
- 12 Large Prawns, Peeled And Deveined
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Lemon Wedge, For Rimming The Glass (optional)
- Kosher Salt
In the jar of a blender, blend chipotle peppers and ½ cup vegetable juice on high until you have a smooth puree. Take ¼ cup of puree mixture and transfer to a small bowl with the shrimp. Marinate for at least a few minutes.
Meanwhile in a large pitcher, combine remaining chipotle puree, remaining vegetable juice, horseradish, celery seeds, Worcestershire and vodka. Mix well and season to taste with kosher salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
In a heavy skillet or sauté pan, add olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, 6 at a time and cook until golden on the edges and opaque in the center, about 1 minutes on each side. Set aside while you cook remaining shrimp.
Fill glasses with ice and pour the bloody mary mixture over the ice. Garnish as desired and top with the shrimp. If desired, rub a lemon wedge around the rim of the glass and dip it in kosher salt.