Delicious and spicy, this homemade chai latte is comforting and easy to make!
- 2 whole Black Tea Bags, Individual Serving Size (any Black Tea Will Do–Constant Comment, English Breakfast, Etc
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Milk
- ⅛ teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- ⅛ teaspoons Ground Cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoons Ground Cloves
- ⅛ teaspoons Ground Ginger
- ¼ teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
In a small pot, combine the tea bags, water, milk, spices, vanilla, and sugar.
Warm the liquid over medium heat, without stirring, until it begins to simmer, about 5-10 minutes.
Using a fine mesh strainer, pour the liquid into a container. Try to empty the liquid only, leaving the spices in the pot. (You may have to strain the chai once more to remove the spices from the liquid.)
Let cool slightly before enjoying, or refrigerate and reheat to enjoy the chai later!
Makes 2 servings, but recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
© 2011 Original recipe by La Casa de Sweets