This anti-oxidant rich cocktail is just what the doctor ordered for these hot summer months!
- FOR THE MINT/LIME SIMPLE SYRUP:
- ½ cups Water
- ½ cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest
- 3 sprigs Fresh Mint
- FOR THE BOYSENBERRY MOJITO:
- 5 whole Fresh Mint Leaves, Plus More For Garnish
- 6 whole Fresh Or Frozen (Thawed) Boysenberries, Plus More For Garnish
- Crushed Ice
- 2 ounces, fluid White Or Silver Rum
- 1 ounce, fluid Mint/Lime Simple Syrup
- ½ ounces, fluid Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 ounces, fluid Sparkling Water For Topping Off
- Lime Wheel, For Garnish
For the mint-lime simple syrup:
Mix water and sugar in a sauce pan, and turn heat to medium. Continue to stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, and add lime zest and mint. Let completely cool before using.
For the boysenberry mojitos:
In a tall glass, add mint leaves and boysenberries, and about 2 tablespoons of crushed ice. Using the handle end of a wooden spoon, muddle the mixture by pressing down on all the ingredients in the glass, breaking them up to make a paste.
Fill the glass up to the rim with crushed ice, then add rum, simple syrup, and lime juice. Using a long spoon, mix the ingredients. Top with sparkling water, lime wheel, fresh boysenberry, and mint. Enjoy!
Note: You can use blackberries, raspberries, or blueberries in place of the boysenberries.