A seasonal non-alcoholic drink to serve at your next BBQ.
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Zest, Grated
- 4 cups Blackberries, Fresh
- ½ cups Lime Juice, Freshly Squeezed
- 4 cups, 3 tablespoons, 1-⅞ teaspoons, ¼ pinches Sparkling Water Or Gingerale
- 1 whole Lime, Thinly Sliced For Garnish
In a small saucepan combine sugar, water, and lime zest. Stir occasionally over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture is clear. Bring to a boil, and let simmer until slightly reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a blender or food processor puree the blackberries. Transfer the puree to a fine mesh sieve and press on the solids, extracting as much juice as possible.
In a pitcher combine the blackberry juice, sugar syrup, and lime juice. Refrigerate until very chilled.
Prior to serving, rim glasses with sugar and fill with ice. Pour sparkling water or ginger ale into the serving pitcher and stir well. Fill glasses and garnish with a lime slice.