A tasty and healthy way to start off your day. And it’s pretty.
- 1 whole Banana (a Very Ripe One Is Best For This)
- 6 ounces, weight Mixed Berries, Frozen
- ½ cups Vanilla Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Wheat Germ, Ground (See Note)
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- ½ cups Orange Juice, Divided
- ¼ cups Soy Milk (or Other Milk)
1. Combine the banana, the berries, yogurt, wheat germ, honey and 1/4 cup of the juice in a blender.
2. Blend for about 1 minute or until all of the ingredients are mixed. Add in the rest of the juice and milk and blend until smooth.
This amount can serve 2-3, depending on how much you portion per person.
– I am new to using wheat germ in drinks so I ground mine before adding it into the smoothie because I find that if I don’t then the smoothie is kind of “grainy”. If you are used to using wheat germ in drinks then you can skip the grinding part.
– If you have fresh berries and do not have time to freeze them, just add the fresh berries and add a couple of ice cubes to make it cold. You can use whatever type(s) of berries that you prefer.
-You can use agave nectar or another form of sweetener instead of honey.
– If you double this recipe, then you would use 1/4-1/3 cup of wheat germ.