A super quick and easy smoothie that is gluten-free, and has creamy coconut milk, bananas, caramel and a little rum!
- FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 13 ounces, weight Canned Full Fat Coconut Milk
- ½ Tablespoons Sugar
- FOR THE SMOOTHIE:
- 2 Medium-sized Bananas, Peeled, Sliced And Frozen
- 1 Tablespoon Rum
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- ½ cups Light Coconut Milk
- Caramel Sauce, To Drizzle Into The Glass (store Bought Or See Related Blog Link For My Homemade Version)
1. If making the coconut whipped cream, place the can of full-fat coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight to chill.
2. To make the whipped cream: Flip the can of chilled coconut milk upside down and then open it, drain off the water and scoop out the cream. Don’t discard the water—it’s great to add to other smoothies!
3. Transfer the coconut cream to a large bowl and add the sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Place the bowl in the freezer until the smoothie is ready,
4. For the smoothie: Add the frozen bananas, rum, sugar and light coconut milk into a blender and blend until smooth and well combined.
5. Pour as much caramel sauce as your heart desires along the sides of a very large glass, and pour in the smoothie.
6. Top with coconut whipped cream and devour!
Note: See related blog link for my homemade coconut caramel sauce.