Made with only four ingredients (frozen bananas, yogurt, ice and nutmeg), Banana Nutmeg Smoothies are exactly the thing when you’re feeling out of sorts or neat a simple treat. Gently sweet, cool and smooth, they are a delicious way to sooth and satiate.
- 2 cups Vanilla Yogurt (or Plain Yogurt With 1/2 Teaspoon Of Vanilla Extract And Up To 2 Tablespoons Honey Or Sugar Added)
- 4 whole Ripe Bananas, Peeled And Frozen
- ¼ cups To 1/2 Cup Ice (preferably Crushed) According To Desired Thickness
- A Splash Or Two Of Milk To Help Keep Things Moving In The Blender (optional)
- ¼ teaspoons Freshly Grated Nutmeg
Add the yogurt to the carafe of a blender. Break the frozen bananas into chunks and add to the blender. Put the lid on the blender and process on “HIGH” or “LIQUIFY” until the mixture is smooth. If you need to, turn the power off, remove the lid and stir with a long handled wooden spoon to re-distribute. Add desired amount of ice and milk along with the grated nutmeg, replace the lid, and blend on HIGH just until smooth. Pour into serving glasses, garnish with a tiny scraping of freshly grated nutmeg and serve immediately.